Translate

Saturday 24 September 2011

Manicure and pedicure

Pre-holiday manicure and pedicure booked. Will stick with pink glitter for toes but can't decide about fingers. I am not doing anything for the rest of the day as my finger nails always chip and I need this to last for a two-week holiday. TSH will organise rest of dinner for us and his daughter and partner - I have prepared beef in Kentish Ale and mustard and put it in the oven on timer. There will also be salmon cooked in Ale.

The more I read, the more I have no idea of the difference between phonetics and phonology - the minute I think I have it straight I read something else which contradicts what I thought. Why aren't there proper definitions? Linguistics is supposed to be a science.

Yesterday I managed to transcribe a (very short) extract from 'Alice in Wonderland' using the International Phonetics Alphabet. Small victory!

Will silver glitter look tacky?

1 comment:

  1. Pink glitter for toes? Why not the same for the fingers, if you can't decide? I have a problem with chipped nail polish too – that mostly occurs when I've lay the nail polish too thick. Also, make sure you apply the base coat and give it a proper drying time.
    Stela@ThePureSalonSpa.com

    ReplyDelete