Translate

Friday 15 March 2013

Otello

Last night we went to see Verdi's Otello at the Lowry, Salford. Othello is the Shakespeare play I know best, so I really looked forward to this and I wasn't disappointed. Great voices from everyone in the Opera North cast, in spite of an announcement that some of them had colds. I'm not sure if it was this particular production or the opera itself, but it seemed to lack the subtlety of Othello. He seemed to believe the lies about Desdemona all at once instead of showing growing doubts and gradual physical and mental deterioration. But it was a really great evening.

I am relieved that there does not seem to be any problem with my linguistic analysis and that the issues are connected with engaging with the literature and presenting the argument in that context. Its the linguistic analysis I enjoy and I would be devastated if it wasn't up to standard. I find the literature review side of it much more boring. But I know I have to do it.

And the latest material will be made available a week late (maybe). Out of sight out of mind. An MA through distance learning is like trying to get it with hands tied behind back,

No comments:

Post a Comment