Translate

Monday 1 July 2013

Its like an invasion

The decorators rubbed down all the woodwork on hall, stairs and landing, so there is now a fine layer of dust in every room of the house. Fortunately we covered up beds and electronics.

They have no concept that they are working in someone's house and space. They were an hour later than usual without telling us - we got up early to be ready. I asked them to put the landing blind in the kitchen and they took it into one of the upstairs rooms instead. One of the rooms I was trying to keep clean. When I pointed out what he had agreed, he just shrugged. 'Does it matter?' Well, yes, or I wouldn't have made an agreement with him. His sidekick put his grubby jacket on our kitchen towel rail on top of our towels, so they all went straight in the wash. Its the total arrogance of their behaviour. And this guy is one of the good ones.

I said to him 'you are very good at what you do. I am very good at what I do. We should respect each other. Its my job to keep this house clean. Please cooperate.'

We went out for the day. Browse round Trafford Centre. Didn't buy anything, as its all geared to the young. Went to see 'Behind the Candelabra' to pass the time. It seemed like the best of a bad bunch on offer. It was OK but not as much fun as I hoped. But I want Liberace's walk-in wardrobe, his cloaks and jackets. And the silver boots.

I don't think I'll get any work done this week if we can't get into our house. And when we do, its all about cleaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment