Translate

Friday 23 May 2014

Home again

We've just returned from a really enjoyable holiday in Eastern England, blogged here: http://fromthesilversea.blogspot.co.uk/

And I've got a problem with the ligament in my leg, so I'm supposed to rest with my feet up. I'm trying my best, but sitting still when there's a mound of washing to be dealt with is really not my forte. But TSH is doing his best, so I'm on lighter duties than usual.

Last night we went to the cinema screening of the National Theatre's 'Curious Incident of the Dog in the night'. A very clever adaptation of a book which is written completely from Christopher's point of view, which is difficult to portray on stage. The actor who played Christopher was brilliant, but must have been physically and mentally exhausted at the end. These screenings are a cheap and convenient way for those of us 'oop north' to see the best performances without the expense of a trip to London. They also plan to screen something about the British Museum Vikings exhibition.

I have resumed work on the dissertation by writing up the notes I made on holiday. Next I am going to address Cohen's use of 'the'. I have written a lot already but its a bit muddled and I intend to sort it out today. I'm up to almost 15,000 words, so I have more than enough for the required 12,500.

No comments:

Post a Comment